07 April 2009

Leave

A poem about breaking up, trying to avoid even more misery down the line.

It was never about you,
and that sounds terrible I know -
that I hurt you just because I could.
Did you do it for the same reason I wonder?
Or was it because life lost its flow,
and you knew I never would

touch you were it mattered,
wound you to the core,
wind you up and break you…

No, I guess it wasn’t about me either.
So why are we together again?
doing the same old dirty dances.
The masks are all shredding before us.
Guess this is the final end then,
as we wake up from our trances.

This never-ending music’s
becoming such a bore.
Maybe Hel should take you.

It wasn’t really such fine a deal
we’d had drawn up for our uses,
so I don’t see why you’re crying.
This should clear up things between us,
get rid of all the bad excuses.
Well, it certainly beats dying.

Don’t look at me all broken like -
we’ve evened out the score.
Leaving now should wake you,
so leave before I make you.

Because in the end I hate you,
though I love you all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment